Math Challenge I-C Self-paced
This four part course is designed to bridge the gap between the AMC 8 and the AMC 10 and prepare students for high school math competitions including the AMC 10/12, ARML, and ZIML. The four term course covers topics and introductory problem solving in algebra, geometry, and finite math. Algebraic topics include linear equations, systems of equations and inequalities, exponents and radicals, factoring polynomials, and solving quadratic equations. Geometric topics include angles in triangles, quadrilaterals, and polygons, congruent and similar polygons, calculating area, and algebraic geometry. Topics in finite math include logic, introductory number theory, and an introduction to probability and statistics. These topics serve as the fundamental knowledge needed for a more advanced problem solving course such as Math Challenge II-A.
Each term requires the course textbook:
The textbook is available in print (for \$25 each) on our online bookstore (click here) or eBook (rental starting at \$10 each) on redshelf.com (click here). More information about the textbooks, including answer keys, is available by clicking here.
Math Challenge I-C is offered in four terms:
- Additional topics in Algebra
- Finite Math
For more information about the topics covered each term, please click here.
Registration and Tuition
Click on any of the courses below to register! You will be prompted to login or create a new account if you have not already done so. Registration options include:
- Single Term, \$380 with access for 4 months (120 days)
- Four Course Bundle, \$1368 including all four terms with access for 1 year (365 days)
Each MC I-C self-paced course includes:
- 10 Video Lectures covering selected Example Problems
- 9 Quizzes which test knowledge using the quick response questions and provide answers and outlines of solutions to all the problem solving questions.
- A final quiz consisting of problems done throughout the course, which can be used as a final assessment once all the handouts are completed.
This course is also available as a live course. Please click here for information about our live course offerings.