Guided Accelerated Study
Summer 2020 Guided Accelerated Study
From July 13th - August 14th, 2020 (total of 5 weeks) Areteem is offering Guided Accelerated Study classes for students wanting to quickly complete Math Challenge courses to improve their conceptual understanding and problem solving skills in math.
In a Guided Accelerated Study class, students will be supervised by an Areteem instructor and complete planned course materials with prerecorded lectures and assigned homework. These assignments will be submitted and graded with feedback from teachers. Students will be expected to use the Online Discussion Forum and Weekly Online Office Hours to ask questions. Student progress is monitored to ensure the material is completed within the planned time frame.
These study groups will be offered in 6 different levels:
- Math Challenge I-AB: Covers problem solving using math skills typically taught in Grades 6-8. Algebra is not necessary. Great way to prepare for AMC 8 and beginning MathCounts.
- Math Challenge I-C: Covers fundamental topics and problem solving using math skills typically taught in Algebra I, Geometry, and Algebra II. Great way to strengthen these skills and prepare for more advanced problem solving.
- Math Challenge II-A: Covers problem solving which expand on math skills from Algebra I, Geometry, and Algebra II. Great way to prepare for AMC 10 and advanced MathCounts.
- Math Challenge II-B: Covers problem solving which expand on high school math skills up to and including Precalculus. Great way to prepare for AMC 12 and advanced MathCounts.
- Math Challenge III: Covers advanced problem solving needed for invitational math competitions such as AIME.
- Math Challenge IV: Covers advanced problem solving skills needed for advanced math competitions such as USA(J)MO and Math Olympiads.
Each level is broken down into different subjects. Click below for the different offerings and registration.