Online Course Discussion Forum

Winter Camp Blue Practice Solutions

Picture of Charles Zhang
Winter Camp Blue Practice Solutions
by Charles Zhang - Saturday, 2 January 2021, 5:27 PM

Dear Areteem Professors,

For the past week, I have been trying to solve the Practice Problems of the Winter Camp, and I plan to finish the problems by the AMC 10, which is in February.  However, even after investing days on the problems, I still cannot solve some of them, and so, I would like to request solutions of all the problems that were given during Winter Camp (Blue).

Given the number of problems that were provided and the short time to finish and review them last week, problems near the end were not covered at all.  And being presented in difficulty order, this means the hardest problems were never reviewed in class, those of which could have provided the most opportunity for learning new ideas.  Having the solutions would also help because methods of problems done in an unorthodox fashion can be learned, preventing time loss and accuracy.

Thank you for considering,

Charles

Picture of Dr. Kevin Wang
Re: Winter Camp Blue Practice Solutions
by Dr. Kevin Wang - Monday, 4 January 2021, 12:04 AM

Hi Charles,

You did a good job during the Winter Camp.  During the planning, the faculty team decided to give lots of extra problems for the students to practice, and that is why you not only receive the problem sets that we go over in class, but also the extra problems.  And the point of the extra practice is to spend a lot of time on it. The solutions are not available for release.  We encourage students to keep working on the problems and look for different ways to solve them.  If you cannot solve them, please post questions here in the discussion forum, and the teachers will provide appropriate hints. We understand that it will take time and efforts, and ultimately it will be beneficial.