Math Challenge IV
This course is for experienced students who can solve at least a few problems in the AIME contest and qualify or almost qualify for USA(J)MO. In this course, the students learn more in-depth math concepts and problem-solving strategies that involve more rigorous mathematical writing and a broad range of topics. Students are trained to comfortably solve the AIME problems to qualify for USA(J)MO, also to comfortably write mathematical proofs for problems at the USA(J)MO level, aiming to win USA(J)MO and get into the prestigious MOSP. The topics include everything covered in MC-III with more depth, and additional topics such as quadratic residue, Diophantine equations, recurrence, proving inequalities, mathematical induction, functional equations, generating functions, inversion, projective geometry, and rigorous proof-writing practices. Through the effective guidance and direction by our experienced teachers, students develop strong problem solving skills that make them perform well in AIME and USA(J)MO.
Math Challenge IV is offered in four terms:
- Summer, covering Algebra
- Fall, covering Geometry
- Winter, covering Combinatorics
- Spring, covering Number Theory
Note: This is a multi-year class. Students may continue to enroll in MC-IV for up to 3 years and all the major math Olympiad sub-topics shall be covered. Since the size of this class is small, the topics are customized according to the knowledge level of the enrolled students. For more information about the topics covered each term, please click here.
This course has two sections. For sections currently available for registration, please see below.
- MC IV (US & China) normally meets Saturdays 4:00 PM-5:30 PM Pacific Time (Sundays 8:00 AM-9:30 AM Beijing Time). After Daylight Savings Time starts on March 10, 2019, the US schedule will be changed to Saturdays 5:00 PM - 6:30 PM (Beijing Time remains the same as before). Please see below for exact course times.
- MC IV (Sundays) meets 10:45 AM-12:15 PM Pacific (1:45-3:15 PM Eastern) on Sundays
- Note: starting with the Summer 2019 Session, the Sunday section of the MC IV class is canceled since most of the US students prefer the Saturday class. The Saturday section remains 5:00PM - 6:30PM Pacific Time (Beijing Time is 8:00AM - 9:30AM Sundays, and will move to 9:00AM - 10:30AM Sundays after Daylight Savings Time ends in the US --- this is different from what happened in Spring).
For the specific dates of the course please see the full course schedule by clicking here.
Registration and Tuition
Click on any of the courses below to register! You will be prompted to login or create a new account if you have not already done so. Registration options include:
- Single Term, \$450
- Year Packet, \$1620 including four upcoming, consecutive terms