Math Challenge II-A Self-paced
Math Challenge II-A is for students who are preparing for the AMC 10 contest. Students are required to have fundamental knowledge in Algebra I, Geometry, Basic Number Theory and Counting and Probability up to the 10th grade level. Topics include polynomials, inequalities, special algebraic techniques, triangles and polygons, collinearity and concurrency, vectors and coordinates, numbers and divisibility, modular arithmetic, advanced counting strategies, binomial coefficients, sequence and series, and various other topics and problem solving techniques involved in math contests such as the AMC 10, advanced MathCounts, ARML, and ZIML.
This updated self-paced course includes Video Lectures and assignments dedicated to our Math Challenge II-A course books.
Each term requires the course textbook:
The textbook is available in print (for \$25 each) on our online bookstore (click here) or eBook (rental starting at \$10 each) on redshelf.com (click here). More information about the textbooks, including answer keys, is available by clicking here.
Math Challenge II-A is offered in four terms:
- Number Theory
We recommend that students take all four terms, but the terms do not build on previous terms, so they do not need to be taken in order and students can take single terms if they want to focus on specific topics. For more information about the topics covered each term, please click here.
Registration and Tuition
Click on any of the courses below to register! You will be prompted to login or create a new account if you have not already done so. Registration options include:
- Single Term, $280 with access for 4 months (120 days)
- Four Course Bundle, $1008 including all four terms with access for 1 year (365 days)
Each MC II-A self-paced course includes:
- 10 Video Lectures covering selected Example Problems
- 9 Quizzes which test knowledge using the quick response questions and provide answers and outlines of solutions to all the problem solving questions.
- A final quiz consisting of problems done throughout the course, which can be used as a final assessment once all the handouts are completed.
This course is also available as a live course. Please click here for information about our live course offerings.