Online Course Discussion Forum

AP Statistics reference sheet question

Picture of Laura Zhang
AP Statistics reference sheet question
by Laura Zhang - Monday, May 2, 2022, 8:13 PM

Does anyone have any resources on tips/guides for the AP statistics reference sheet in the exam? I just realized I have no idea what's on it, and it would be helpful to know what I should or don't need to memorize.

Picture of John Lensmire
Re: AP Statistics reference sheet question
by John Lensmire - Tuesday, May 3, 2022, 10:12 AM

I've attached the 2021 Free Response problems taken from the College Board site here: https://apcentral.collegeboard.org/courses/ap-statistics/exam/past-exam-questions

Note this gives a good idea of what to expect for the formula/reference sheet I think you're referencing. Note it is somewhat broken up into two parts, the first portion is on page 2-3 which includes a collection of formulas, and at the end of the pdf they have tables for z-scores, etc.

I'd definitely recommend reviewing the sheet and making sure you're comfortable with all the formulas, etc. In general I'd recommend having at least a rough idea of the formulas memorized, so that during the exam you're mainly double checking formulas if needed. Typically there is NOT enough time to keep searching for relevant equations during the exam, but there probably is enough time if you want to double check (for example, looking up the standard deviation formula for a one population sampling distribution).

Hope this helps. Good luck with the final studying!