Math Challenge I-A and I-B Self-paced
Math Challenge I-A and Math Challenge I-B are introductory level courses for 6-8 grade students who have limited experience with in-depth problem solving and math competitions. Students learn skills to apply the concepts they learn in school math classes into problem solving. Content includes pre-algebra, beginning algebra, fundamental geometry, basic number theory concepts and counting and probability. Students develop skills in creative thinking, logical reasoning, analytical and problem solving skills. Students are exposed to beginning contests such as AMC 8, MathCounts and Math Olympiads for Elementary and Middle School MOEMS.
This updated self-paced course includes Video Lectures and assignments dedicated to our Math Challenge I-B course books.
Each term requires the Math Challenge I-B course textbook:
The textbook is available in print (for \$25 each) on our online bookstore (click here) or eBook (rental starting at \$10 each) on redshelf.com (click here). More information about the textbooks, including answer keys, is available by clicking here.
Math Challenge I-A and I-B is offered in four terms:
- Pre-Algebra and Word Problems
- Counting & Probability
- Number Theory
We recommend that students take all four terms, but the terms do not build on previous terms, so they do not need to be taken in order and students can take single terms if they want to focus on specific topics. For more information about the topics covered each term, please click here.
Registration and Tuition
Click on any of the courses below to register! You will be prompted to login or create a new account if you have not already done so. Registration options include:
- Single Term, \$280 with access for 4 months (120 days)
- Four Course Bundle, \$1008 including all four terms with access for 1 year (365 days)
Each MC I-AB self-paced course includes:
- 10 Video Lectures covering selected Example Problems
- 9 Quizzes which test knowledge using the quick response questions and provide answers and outlines of solutions to all the problem solving questions.
- A final quiz consisting of problems done throughout the course, which can be used as a final assessment once all the handouts are completed.
This course is also available as a live course. Please click here for MC I-A and here for MC I-B for information about our live course offerings.